Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! It has been a while since my last post. There were so much festivities and I had not had the chance to cook and write. Since the middle of December 2016, I had work deadline that I had to catch, then I had to go to Singapore to accompany my Dad….then Christmas came….then New Year….da da da….you know how it goes.
During the festivities you would eat a lot of things that you would not normally eat, and you promised yourself not to keep doing so….it is equally hard to go back to your GOOD habits prior to the holiday season. Including…..cooking healthy for one! So I had to remind myself, once I get into the motion of cooking again, everything will be easy breezy. First step is the most important.
Actually, I told myself to start eating less (bad) carb. period. But then, I had this leftover rice and I did not have the heart to throw it away. So for today, I let myself to eat white rice. :p lol. I present you a humble GREEN CHILLI CHICKEN FRIED RICE.
Here we go:
- Overnight rice
- Skinless & boneless chicken, cubed
- Handful of green chillies; deseed and roughly cut
- 1 Onion, slivered
- 8 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 lemongrass; white parts only, bruised and thinly sliced
- 4 kaffir lime leaves; torn
- Kecap Manis
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat the pan, and add oil.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Add chillies, lemongrass & kaffir lime leaves; cook until fragrant.
- Add chicken; cook until the pink color is gone.
- Make room in the pan. Add in the beaten eggs. Scrambled it.
- Once the egg is cooked; mixed it all in. Including the rice.
- Add Kecap manis, Salt, and Pepper to taste.
- Serve hot!